Renter's Insurance

Renter’s insurance is not mandatory but is highly recommended for all Brookside and Madison Court residents.  Imagine a mystery leak that fries your laptop or ruins all of your clothes in your closet. This unpredictable yet common problem is why renter’s insurance is essential. Per your Residential Lease, it is recommended that you obtain renter’s insurance for your personal belongings and to protect yourself against liability.  This is particularly important because the insurance that College Town Communities has in place for our properties (like that of any off-campus housing facility) does NOT provide coverage for your personal belongings, property damage or bodily injury.  If you or your guests suffer a loss due to fire, flood, vandalism, theft, or other cause of loss, that loss will not be covered by College Town Communities’ insurance.

Renter’s insurance may be purchased through any major insurance company.  Minimum coverage suggested is:

Personal Property Value - $20,000

Personal Liability - $100,000

Medical Payments to Others - $1,000

Name “College Town Communities” and the address of your building as an “additional insured” so that we are kept updated should the policy change or lapse. You will need to provide your apartment number and address when you apply. This information will be sent to all residents prior to move-in via email.

If you decide to purchase renter’s insurance, we recommend that it be in effect through the last day of your lease. It’s a small price to pay for the peace of mind this insurance will provide.

College Town Communities Logo